Grandmom’s Macaroni Salad
- 1 lb macaroni/elbow noodles
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise, separated (amount is approximate)
- 1 carrot cut into a small dice
- 1/4 red onion cut into a small dice
- 1/2 green pepper cut into a small dice
- Salt and pepper, approximately 1 Tbsp each
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt it generously and then add your noodles. Cook to al dente, approximately 5 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse with cold water and drain well. Transfer noodles to a large mixing bowl.
- Add half of the mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cover, and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Add the veggies, and slowly add more mayonnaise until you get the creaminess you want – remember, you don’t want it to be too wet. Continue to season with salt and pepper, tasting as you go.
- Chill until you are ready to serve, stirring before serving.
Print this post