I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Edamame Salad is a healthy salad recipe made with white balsamic vinegar. This tangy edamame recipe is the perfect side dish to enjoy.
Healthy salad recipes
When you think of salad recipes, you think they are healthy salad recipes. The truth is that not all salads are healthy salad recipes. The sugar content that might be in that salads is so high that makes for a very high-calorie salad.
When I was researching healthy salad recipes, I came to realize that a grilled chicken salad that I like to get at a national restaurant chain has so many calories in that salad, that I might as well have a cheeseburger at a fast-food place.
When I first tried an edamame recipe, it was at an Asian fusion restaurant. They served this edamame side salad that was amazing.
I had never had anything edamame prior. I was very surprised to find how good this edamame salad was. I decided I wanted to research edamame recipes.
Besides an edamame salad, edamame recipes can be anything from just simple saute edamame to even an edamame soup. Edamame is very versitle.
White balsamic vinegar
When I wanted to try and recreate the edamame salad I got from the Asian fusion eatery, I knew the secret to how wonderful that tangy edamame recipe was white balsamic vinegar.
White balsamic vinegar is sweeter than regular balsamic vinegar. Plus I think white balsamic vinegar has more of a refreshing taste to it than dark balsamic vinegar.
To make this edamame salad burst with flavor, the white balsamic vinegar was the key. That balsamic vinegarette used in the salad recipe is what brings that nice tangy taste to this easy salad recipe.
Looking for more salad recipes? Check out these recipes:
- 1 lb frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Prepare edamame according to the directions on the package, then. drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain thoroughly.
- Combine edamame, corn, bell peppers, green onion, and onion.
- For the dressing, whisk the white balsamic vinegar, mustard, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and ENJOY!.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 166Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 408mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g