It is a soft and moist chiffon cake, which is well loved by my family members. It’s quite a unique flavour together. We love the scent of the Ayam Brand coconut, you can try this out! Let your creativity go wild with Ayam Brand Coconut milk .#ayamcooking
45g Coconut oil
65g passion fruit pulp (including the seeds – about 2 to 3 fruits)
20g #ayambrand Coconut milk
1 tsp lime zest
1 tsp lime juice
100g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Whisk together egg yolks and 50g sugar until pale in colour.
- Gradually add in oil, passion fruit pulp, lime zest and juice and milk whisking them all until combined.
- Add all the sifted flour and baking powder. Whisk until the mixture becomes a thick batter. (This should take no more than a minute)
- Place the egg whites into a clean metal bow. Using a mixer, beat the whites until frothy. Add in the cream of tartar until whisk for a minute before gradually adding in the 40g of sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in egg white mixture into egg yolk batter in 3 seperate additions until well combined.
- Pour batter into a 9″/22cm chiffon tube pan. Bake in preheated oven at 175C for 40-45mins.
- Invert pan immediately to cool completely before unmold.