125 g Top flour
115 g castor sugar
125 g salted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla paste
4 to 5 tbsp milk
1 red apple, cut into 4mm slices
4 to 5 cheese slices
1 tbsp salted butter
2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- To cook the apple filling, heat up a frying pan with butter and sugar. Add apple slices, cook for 2 to 3 minutes till it turns pale yellow.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine both butter and egg mixture. Sieve in flour and baking powder. Fold in the flour to combine.
- Add in milk and lightly mix well.
- Lay baking paper in a baking tin. Pour in 1/3 of cake batter.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place a layer of cheese and apple slices. Pour another 1/3 of cake batter. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Place another layer of cheese and apple slices. Pour in remaining cake batter. Bake for 30 to 32 minutes.
- Cool on rack before removing from the baking pan.
- Serve immediately or chill in fridge.