I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Caprese Garlic Alfredo Flatbread is a flatbread pizza recipe that will make your mouth water. This alfredo pizza is very easy to make in under 30 minutes.
Flatbread pizza recipe
Did you notice the hip thing with pizza now is a flatbread pizza recipe? Even going to an amusement park, they serve flatbread pizza recipes rather than just pizza.
Flatbread pizza has taken over everything! What is flatbread? Traditionally, flatbread is basically unleavened bread, which is made without yeast.
This is why naan bread and pitas are used for the crust for a flatbread pizza recipe. However, some fancy restaurants still use pizza dough and make an oval shape and call it flatbread.
What is an alfredo pizza? Well, the simplest way to explain alfredo pizza is instead of a red tomato sauce, it uses white alfredo sauce. A white pizza, so to say.
Truth be told, sometimes I prefer a white pizza or alfredo pizza. Tomato sauce can repeat on me where having a sauce like alfredo on my pizza instead is a lot easier for me. Plus I love the taste an alfredo pizza can have, a nice cheesy taste.
I love Caprese salad, I have several Caprese recipes on Seduction In The Kitchen like:
So is it no wonder that I would make a Caprese pizza? Isn’t Caprese pizza just a pizza Margherita recipe? Let’s see a pizza Margherita recipe has:
- San Marzano tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
Pretty much yes a Caprese pizza has the same ingredients as a pizza Margherita. The only difference between the two pizzas is balsamic. A Caprese pizza has a balsamic glaze drizzled over it.
Looking for more pizza recipe recipes? Check out these recipes:
- 1 tube of refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1/4 cup of jar alfredo sauce
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 large fresh mozzarella ball sliced
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of prepared balsamic glaze
- Heat the oven to the temperature on the back of the pizza dough package says.
- Unroll the dough onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Cut the tops off the garlic cloves and then rub the cut garlic all over the pizza dough. You could rub more cloves onto it if you like a strong garlic flavoring.
- Mince the cloves after you rubbed them over the dough and then sprinkle it around the edges of the dough.
- Bake the dough to what the pizza package says.
- Take the dough out the oven, then spread on the alfredo sauce.
- Place the basil leaves on top the alfredo sauce.
- Then place the cheese slices on top the basil leaves.
- Top off with the sliced tomatoes.
- Season with some fresh ground black pepper and bake the flat bread for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the oven and drizzle on the balsamic glaze.
- Slice it up and Enjoy!
- Place the basil leaves
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 139Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g